Mold feeds on organic materials, such as wood, paper, many fabrics, and even some types of glue. It literally eats away at these materials, causing them to rot and fall apart .Mold can eat away at materials like wallpaper, drywall, carpet, wooden studs in walls, ceiling tiles, floorboards, and other structures inside the home. Left unchecked, mold can cause damage great enough to lead to the collapse of ceilings, caving in of floorboards, and falling down of walls.
Of course, it takes a while to reach that point. Your house is not going to fall down around you as soon as mold begins to grow in it. Many materials in the home quickly become damaged beyond the point of repair, though, and in time, a home can be completely destroyed by mold growth. If you feel you have a Mold issue please contact SERVPRO of Mt. Pleasant, Clare and Houghton Lake at 989-775-5065